Sale / Trading subforum?

Comments & suggestions for the site improvement are always welcome.
ecchi00

Sale / Trading subforum?

Postby ecchi00 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 23:47

I'm just a newbie here, but I think it would be nice to have all the sale-/trade-/auction- related threads all in one place instead of being spread out all over the different parts of the forum. Using the search function for specific items would be the same as it is now, but having a dedicated forum section would be much friendlier for casual browsing.

For example, searching for a sale of a system right now seems to happen in all of Off-Topic, General, and Hardware, and just by browsing, you have to sift through a bunch of non-sale posts in 3 separate subfora. By moving all sale threads to a dedicated subforum, one only needs to browse through one subforum and sift through sale threads of other uninteresting items (which could suddenly catch one's interest).

There could also be a sticky thread in the section where people can post trader feedback ratings for the forum members, and the scores are tallied in the first post.

Any opinion from the site admin?

computercowboy

Postby computercowboy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 00:56

Sounds good to me... but I am not an admin/mod. I really like the idea though.

Benz145

Postby Benz145 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 21:23

It may sound strange, but we don't actually want to attract people here as a forum for selling things. This site doesn't have the resources or desire to monitor sales and make sure people aren't getting ripped off. If the members of this forum who are already well estbilshed people in our community want to sell something or trade, that is no big deal, but if you start bringing in lots of new folks with the idea of being able to buy/sell stuff here, you might pull in some people who think they can rip others off.
Sony VAIO UX180 | Asus UX31E Ultrabook | iPhone 5S | Google Glass

Virtual Reality Blog
Personal Blog

Editor for:
UltrabookNews.com
Carrypad.com
UMPCPortal.com

computercowboy

Postby computercowboy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 21:30

Good point Benz. We already get enough of those spammers that post their long price lists.

Return to “Comment/Suggest”