How exactly to use your UX PC

Talk about general micro PC topics here.
Benz145

How exactly to use your UX PC

Postby Benz145 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 22:48

Hey there everyone, just joined this forum last night so consider this my first post : )

I got my UX over the summer, and now school is starting. I wanted to ask exactly what people do aside from regular stuff such as browing the web, watching movie and listening to music. I want to know how people are making use of the fact that its a tiny hand-held computer. As a student in high school, I'm sure there are many ways I could utilize this devices portibability, but as of now I havn't found a practicle way of incorperating it into my school life.

Also if anyone has any UX PC specific or touch screen specific let me know. I was sad to find that it didn't come bundled with lots of software making use of the touch screen ability, and also sad to find out that you can't install any tablet PC apps because its not runnign that OS.

zakeen

Postby zakeen » Fri Sep 15, 2006 01:11

I just set it up with my Sony BT MEX5000 car stereo. Totally cool! It sends the music(or sound) from the UX to the head unit and out the speakers! Its perfect audio! We watched a short movie with it!

So now just to make a nice looking car holder thingie. That way there will be no need to ever have a CD in the car again. Playing just MP3s.
Want to win some PRO Cycling kit, go to Free Stuff at http://www.adamhansen.com

bdhu2001

Postby bdhu2001 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 03:19

There's another thread called Useful Programsthat you need to check out. To be productive in school, get a Bluetooth or USB keyboard, I use the "Think Outside- Stowaway", get RitePen (it will allow your to enter text with your stylus and have the program convert your writing to text), and Word Logic (a text completer that makes text entry a snap). Install your iTunes and you can listen to music while you do your school work.
I have a Bluetooth cell phone, the Motorola E815, I pair it with my UX180 and also surf the web. Additionally, I use the Bluetooth headset to listen to music through my iTunes so that I can work anywhere, listen to tunes and not disturb others.
FYI, you should probably change your appearance settings for you font and icon size.

Benz145

Postby Benz145 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 04:05

Thanks for the suggestions so far folks. A Few questions -

I have a BT cell phone (Sony Ericsson T616) , BT headset (Motorola Something or other), and a BT PDS (Sony PEG-UX50). I have not paired to the phone to surf the internet because I don't have a plan, and the prices for data sending are crazy without one : P can I pair my BT headset with the UX180 and be able to listen to sound/music thorugh it? So far I havn't found a way to be able to do this. Also another thing is - both the UX150 and my UX50 PDA have a remote camera application via BT, but ironicly neither one of them recognizes the other as a comera, and in turn can't function together : P

I checked out the Useful Apps thread, dissapointed to see that all those cool tablet PC apps can't be used on the UX180. Some of the other stuff looked interesting, but nothing jumped out at me that seemed that useful. When using this thing in school, the main thing I need to get passed is the fact that people aren't used to seeing stuff like this, and every time I get it out all I get is "omg what is that?! How much did that cost?! What the heck is that thing? Can I touch it?" which sometimes is a good thing, but not when I just wanna do work on it like anyone else using paper and pen. Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming please : )

bdhu2001

Postby bdhu2001 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 04:34

benz145:
I have a BT cell phone (Sony Ericsson T616) , BT headset (Motorola Something or other), and a BT PDS (Sony PEG-UX50). I have not paired to the phone to surf the internet because I don't have a plan, and the prices for data sending are crazy without one : P can I pair my BT headset with the UX180 and be able to listen to sound/music thorugh it? So far I havn't found a way to be able to do this.

I've always connected my cell phone to my PDA(PEG-UX50) so I now connect my UX180. I don't have unlimited data, but I don't have a smart phone so it's hard to separate the talk minutes from the data.

As far as connecting to your headset, I have a Motorola HS820. Just go into your Bluetooth settings and select add device. Toe recognize the 820, hold down the earpiece button until it's solid blue (instead of flashing) you UX180 should see the device and pair with it.

Return to “General”