Windows 8 Consumer Preview on Vaio UX

Talk about installing other operating systems on the micro PC.
harryfokker

Windows 8 Consumer Preview on Vaio UX

Postby harryfokker » Sat Mar 03, 2012 19:31

Hello people as many of you know i had been using the Windows 8 Developer Preview since Oct-2011 and the most part of my results were positive even i cant get managed to get work the back camera , the vaio event service or the Gunze Touch Panel for W7(100 Clicks restricted) , i could managed to Disable the metro interface to gain some RAM speed, the WI-FI and Bluetooth wasn´t properly recognized (works but it wasn´t perfect with constant reconnections), the solution that i found was disconnecting the White short Wi-FI antenna cable, no more reconnections and the signal was better.

-Windows 8 Consume Preview-

Now everything or almost everything has changed and for better, Everything is working, every Driver, software , Special Buttons, Cameras, Biometrics, CF, everything. The WI-FI and Bluetooth now works flawlessly even i have to reconnect White short Wi-FI antenna to get all may signal power( y really don't understand why it makes me trouble before ), the only Driver that doesn't works with full capacity is the The Gunze Touch Panel for W7(100 Clicks restricted), works like the normal touch driver and doesn't give me the Tablet capabilities( In the Gunze option touch properties i click in the firmware button and says that "it can´t connect to the controller") so i uninstalled and put the normal W7 Touch Driver instead.

All features works good, the speed system is the same that i have with Windows 7 and before you ask me YES i have to do the Downscalling regedit trick to put the 1024x768 resolution and use the Windows 8 metro UI apps or use an external Monitor

i don´t wanna make a review of Windows 8 Consume Preview , there are many of them on Youtube or another sites, I wanna talk about W8CP on the Vaio-UX so if you have some questions, recomendations or commentaries i am here for you guys.

If you wanna try it, you can use my method to make a clean install:
1) Download the ISO image of Windows 8 Consume Preview from here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/download
*The blue button option is and installer that makes everything automatic, i prefer to download the ISO in the option below and do it the process by myself*

2) Download the Windows 7 USB Download tool:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool
*With this you can make a USB Windows installation Stick by the easier way*

3) Boot from USB and make a fresh install, put Drivers on it and enjoy :cool:

I let some pics of my system i hope this will help you; and please if someone knows how i can get the full tablet capabilities please tell me :)

[ATTACH]1531[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1541[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1542[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1543[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1544[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1545[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1546[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1547[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1548[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1549[/ATTACH]

Bye
Attachments
35.jpg
23.jpg
15.jpg
33.jpg
19.jpg
10.jpg
8.jpg
3.jpg
1-1.jpg
1.jpg
UMPC: Sony Vaio VGN-UX480FN
Hardware: Processor: Intel Core 2 Solo 1.060 Ghz(Overclockled to 1.160Ghz) / SSD: 48GB / Ram Memory: 1GB
Details: CF Slot / Bluetooth / Extended batery / GPS Receiver / Black Housing
OS: 1)Windows 8 Pro / 2)Android X86 4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich
Software Mods: SetFsb(CPU Overclock) / GMABooster(GPU Overclock 400MHZ) / Bios Mod(Fixed Video Ram 251MB)

"Anything is acceptable if it leads to a successful result . . ."

twonth

Postby twonth » Sun Mar 04, 2012 20:03

Thanks for the post!

You seem to have had better luck than me -- so far I've tried installing the Consumer Preview three times (the last time as an upgrade over an existing Win7 installation), and all three times the front button for scrolling doesn't do anything. Have you encountered this problem?

Whitesake

Postby Whitesake » Mon Mar 05, 2012 06:53

Line Out/Headphone still doesn't work ;)

harryfokker

Postby harryfokker » Mon Mar 05, 2012 15:48

twonth wrote:Thanks for the post!

You seem to have had better luck than me -- so far I've tried installing the Consumer Preview three times (the last time as an upgrade over an existing Win7 installation), and all three times the front button for scrolling doesn't do anything. Have you encountered this problem?

But the anothers buttons works??? the zoom ?? vaio touch launcher?? camera?? you check it if vaio event service is working??? did you install the vaio Special Button utility?? the Alps Stickpointer Driver?? i can tell you that i always have 3 packages of drivers The XP, W7, and the Vista Drivers for my model, when a driver doesn´t work i try another. Even my stickpointer is damaged i could check my scroll button and it works very good.

You can try installing the drivers with XP or W.Vista compatibility and Administrator permissions.

Take a look about those and tell me if you have some progress.

Hardware: Processor: Intel Core 2 Solo 1.060 Ghz(Overclockled to 1.160Ghz) / SSD: 48GB / Ram Memory: 1GB

Software Mods: SetFsb(CPU Overclock) / GMABooster(GPU Overclock 400MHZ) / Bios Mod(Fixed Video Ram 251MB)

harryfokker

Postby harryfokker » Mon Mar 05, 2012 16:04

Whitesake wrote:Line Out/Headphone still doesn't work ;)

But mine works really good, your speakers works?? did you install the Realtek driver?? ; use a white Led lantern and check if headphone hole has something inside it, a friend of mine has the same problem with his iphone, when we check it found what a person has the funny idea to put inside it many little pieces of aluminum wrap, i take it out carefully with a hook that i made with a needle an everything works perfect again.

Tell me about your progress later please

Whitesake

Postby Whitesake » Mon Mar 05, 2012 16:29

What Realtek drivers did you use? I know the audio jack works as it was working with Windows 7 before I installed Windows 8.

twonth

Postby twonth » Tue Mar 06, 2012 05:11

harryfokker wrote:But the anothers buttons works??? the zoom ?? vaio touch launcher?? camera?? you check it if vaio event service is working??? did you install the vaio Special Button utility?? the Alps Stickpointer Driver??

The other front buttons worked, as did the special button utility. I definitely installed the Alps Stickpoint driver each of the three times. But no function at all from holding down the scroll button. :confused: I've gone back to Windows 7 for the moment but I might give it another go later.

harryfokker

Postby harryfokker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 08:05

Whitesake wrote:What Realtek drivers did you use? I know the audio jack works as it was working with Windows 7 before I installed Windows 8.

I use this; http://www.mediafire.com/?f0opn9zp5kiwina
is my upload so dont worry, tell me if worls for you.

harryfokker

Postby harryfokker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 08:10

twonth wrote:The other front buttons worked,// I've gone back to Windows 7 for the moment but I might give it another go later.

Im really sorry :mad:

Lintz

Postby Lintz » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:32

harryfokker wrote:
3) Boot from USB and make a fresh install, put Drivers on it and enjoy :cool:

Hi I'm rather new to this whole UX-Series but could you be more specific on what drivers it will need? Does it work with the vista drivers?

Newbie owner to UX1XN.

Return to “Alternate OS”