Installed Meego1.1 Netbook version via USB CD drive.
First off, just wanted to say it runs beautifully. Only a bit of lag on google's chrome browser.
-Stick and right/left mouse buttons (super sensitive click though)
-Touchscreen (not calibrated correctly unfortunately)
-Sound (only with head phones atm)
-Sound via built-in speaker
-sony's dedicated button
First things first. After install, open a terminal and
This fixes the security problem with updates and repos.
Now make sure to add the Meego Community Repo
-- sudo(if not root) zypper addrepo ftp://volkoff.ru/repo/meego1.1/i386/ "Community Repo"
and unchek the option "Filters - Only native packages" in the PackageKit (Applications Tab->System->Manage Applications).
Meego can not do avi, divx, mp3 and a few other formats out of the box but here's how you can enable them:
1. Open terminal and add Community Repo if you did not
-- sudo zypper addrepo ftp://volkoff.ru/repo/meego1.1/i386/ "Community Repo"
2. unchek the option (if you haven't done so already) "Filters - Only native packages" in the PackageKit (Applications Tab->System->Manage Applications).
3. install the necessary codecs
-- sudo zypper install ffmpeg faac faad2 gstreamer-ffmpeg gst-plugins-* mpeg2dec libmatroska libdvdnav libdvdread lame x264
4.you can install Totem player if you want, i recommend it for dual-audio .mkv files.
-- sudo zypper install totem
And now you can enjoy all your favorite formats!
First off, add the repo above if you didnt already.
1. Meego1.1 is missing some basics so we need to get them back. Namely the "Make" function and the "C Compiler" so open your terminal and
-- sudo zypper install make gcc flex *glib* *diff* liboil*dev*
-- sudo zypper install gcc-c++ bison libxml2-devel
2. you should now be able to
-- sudo zypper install wine*
If that doesnt work then try tafazzi87's method:
first of all download this package from this link CLICK HERE
--extract it to /$HOME/$USER/
---- tar xvjf wine-1.2-rc7.tar.bz2
Inorder to play games you need to enable desktop emulation via winecfg
2. "Graphics" tab
3. check "Enable a virtual desktop" (the 800x600 size works fine for me but change to whatever you prefer)
1. open Terminal and type
--sudo zypper install ntfs-3g
2.enjoy full on ntfs action
I'll add more tutorials and tricks as i uncover them.
If any of you guys have ideas or questions please let me know.