The Sony VAIO P Series Lifestyle PC

Discuss Micro PC news from the front page.
RocketMan

Postby RocketMan » Fri Jan 09, 2009 03:27

It's funny how everyone dumps on a new Sony notebook and we can all read about how bad the UX was wehn it came out (search the forms for comments) but the P Series will take off and it WILL outsell the UX I can assure you that. There will be a lot of discussion on this site when the NOTEBOOK has been out for 6 months. So be careful, you all say you like what you have but you will be wanting one of these P Series when you get to touch one and use it, I know I did. It's the power SONY has over us, it's like the Force. LOL :D
ALL THINGS SONY
Sony UX380 (mini)
Sony CR390N (midi)
Sony AR550 (maxi)

uxjunkie

Postby uxjunkie » Fri Jan 09, 2009 03:30

RocketMan wrote:It's funny how everyone dumps on a new Sony notebook and we can all read about how bad the UX was wehn it came out (search the forms for comments) but the P Series will take off and it WILL outsell the UX I can assure you that. There will be a lot of discussion on this site when the NOTEBOOK has been out for 6 months. So be careful, you all say you like what you have but you will be wanting one of these P Series when you get to touch one and use it, I know I did. It's the power SONY has over us, it's like the Force. LOL :D

Great post. I predict that most of us will want a P series after we see it in the stores, but it's still fun to bash Sony for some reason and talk about how they missed the boat on price, processor, etc., so let us have our fun. LOL

bandit2xx

Postby bandit2xx » Fri Jan 09, 2009 15:30

RocketMan wrote:It's funny how everyone dumps on a new Sony notebook and we can all read about how bad the UX was wehn it came out (search the forms for comments) but the P Series will take off and it WILL outsell the UX I can assure you that. There will be a lot of discussion on this site when the NOTEBOOK has been out for 6 months. So be careful, you all say you like what you have but you will be wanting one of these P Series when you get to touch one and use it, I know I did. It's the power SONY has over us, it's like the Force. LOL :D

Uhmmm... I can say for myself if I change to something will be either OQO Model 02, Wibrain or UMID M1 simple cause they just fit in the pocket... To get a Sony P I either get a Fujitsu U820 or any better performance netbook...

Hasufel

Postby Hasufel » Sat Jan 10, 2009 09:27

Hey :)
For the info, the P series would boast three different CPUs, the regular Atom Z520 @ 1.33 GHz, the Atom Z530 @ 1.60 GHz, but also the Atom Z540 @ 1.86 GHz (now could this one compete with the u2200 @ 1.2ghz ? I wonder).
[SIZE="1"]UX92/Ubuntu/Xp - C1MV/Ubuntu/Xp - Aibo ERS 7/M3/Urbi[/SIZE]

chunsj

Postby chunsj » Sat Jan 10, 2009 09:55

For me, as a user of ux280, the p might not be that good one, but I do think it is very good netbook; it has very proper weight, and proper battery life time than ux. I will consider buying one if it can run mac os x well especially suspend/resume.

Virtua

Postby Virtua » Sat Jan 10, 2009 23:59

I just put my money where my mouth is....

and bought one :)

1.6ghz with bluetooth, 3g gps and 128gb ssd.
Extra battery and LAN adapter to boot - sweet :)
[color="Lime"]UX91S 32GB SSD
1.33ghz / 1Gb[/color]
Jap OS Vista Home Premium
Office 2007 Standard (J-version)
KBC1 Vaio USB fold away keyboard
USP1 Vaio USB Speaker
BGU1 Vaio GPS BT adapter
BRM10 Vaio BT Controller
BRM1BC Vaio BT headphone adapter
DDRW4 Vaio DVD +/- RW Disk drive
UHDMO8 Vaio 80gb External Hard Drive[/color]
Ridata 8gb Pro 150X CF Card
Sony 8gb Memory Stick Duo
Buffalo HD-HB250IBU2 (250G Hard Disk)
CKUX1 Vaio leather case
MBC10 Vaio Carry bag (to store all my accessories!)

scoobie

Postby scoobie » Sun Jan 11, 2009 02:45

I believe this is the U replacement , mainly because I saw some pictures on the japan site that showed the evolution of the picturebook to the U to the P series. Also in a ces video I saw on youtube there is a sony product manager saying they listened to feedback on the ux. Sorry I haven't got the links right now

Hasufel

Postby Hasufel » Sun Jan 11, 2009 04:11

I don't think that it is the U replacement, but the evolution of the C1. I own the C1 and its dimensions, screen form factor, keyboard, thumb mouse and buttons positions are very much like the P's. Besides, the latest C1 sported an incredible 1280*600 8 inches screen, some 6 years ago, a feat not matched until today's P incredible 1600*768 on the same size. Who else than sony does such incredible pitch ?

What i'm really into is trying to 'compare' what's not comparable: u performance vs p performance.
It's not much for now, but a model exposed (1.3ghz?) at CES under vista's WEI scores:
- 2.7 processor,
- 4.1 RAM,
- 5.9 graphics,
- 3.0 gaming graphics,
- 5.6 primary hard disk.

In comparison, ux490 (u2200+ssd) under vista scores:
- 3.1 processor,
- 4.3 RAM,
- 2.0 graphics, (aero on)
- 2.6 gaming graphics,
- 5.3 primary hard disk.

Crystalmark on the P anyone ?
[SIZE="1"]UX92/Ubuntu/Xp - C1MV/Ubuntu/Xp - Aibo ERS 7/M3/Urbi[/SIZE]

bluewater

Postby bluewater » Mon Jan 12, 2009 18:23

got to play with a Vaio P at the sony style store in NYC...

and promptly put a pre-order down for one!

trust me, my UX 180 will still get a lot of loving (I use it mainly with Serato and as a Comic E-Reader) but i must admit, once you get hands on time with the P, you'll love it! :D

scoobie

Postby scoobie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 18:48

What sold it to you?

Return to “News”