Sony memory card masters...help

Talk about the hardware components of the micro PC.
dhayden

Sony memory card masters...help

Postby dhayden » Thu Nov 08, 2007 05:32

ok all knowing forum....help me

I bought 3 8gb sony memory pro duo cards and 1 4gb that say magic gate on them. the prblem i am having is when i try to put files on them i am only able to put about 1 or 2 gbs on them. i did a quick format when i first bought them. when i check properties. the cards are full with some where around 7.8 or 7.9 gb of mp3s on them, but it is like the files are hidden? i am now trying to do a regular format to see if this will solve the problem.

also another question. one of the drop down options is on allocation size. you have many options from ?64 kbytes to 4967 bytes. can"t pull up the exact numbers because i am formatting my cards now. what is the purpose of varying the allocation size? on one card i used the 4967 and theother one in there right now. i selected default.

any info greatly appreciated and has any one else had this problem too?

ABSOLUTELY THE GREATEST SITE FOR ME AND MY NEW BABY!!:)

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 05:42

That almost seems like problems from fake cards, I now ask where did you purchase the cards and are they genuine Sony cards...
Sull Support >
-XP: UX driver & app Pack v2.3 [B]Download
[/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-XP: WWAN driv & app Pack v1.2 [/color][B][color=Red]Download[/color][/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-Se7en: UX driver & application pack [/color]Download
-Guide: model.txt for XP and Vista [color=Red]Download[/color]

dhayden

Postby dhayden » Thu Nov 08, 2007 05:53

Sull86 wrote:That almost seems like problems from fake cards, I now ask where did you purchase the cards and are they genuine Sony cards...

as usual, ebay.maybe i did get rooked..thanks. will try and see if they are fake

ecsw

Postby ecsw » Sat Nov 10, 2007 00:57

that's the problem with fake Memory. Back in the day with my K750i phone, u can format the memory to double size (512MB to 1GB) due to firmware bug. If you try to put files more than 512MB, it will crash.

Google "Fake Memory stick" and u will find pictures on how to tell. I think eBay has come up with a policy that if the memory is found to be fake, they will remove the seller right away. But it's too hard to control all of the seller.

Virtua

Postby Virtua » Mon Nov 12, 2007 01:02

Have to say that buying memory cards from ebay is almost asking for trouble. I would say they almost certainly are fakes you have.
[color="Lime"]UX91S 32GB SSD
1.33ghz / 1Gb[/color]
Jap OS Vista Home Premium
Office 2007 Standard (J-version)
KBC1 Vaio USB fold away keyboard
USP1 Vaio USB Speaker
BGU1 Vaio GPS BT adapter
BRM10 Vaio BT Controller
BRM1BC Vaio BT headphone adapter
DDRW4 Vaio DVD +/- RW Disk drive
UHDMO8 Vaio 80gb External Hard Drive[/color]
Ridata 8gb Pro 150X CF Card
Sony 8gb Memory Stick Duo
Buffalo HD-HB250IBU2 (250G Hard Disk)
CKUX1 Vaio leather case
MBC10 Vaio Carry bag (to store all my accessories!)

fiveseven808

Postby fiveseven808 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 02:19

http://reviews.ebay.com/FAKE-Sony-Memory-Stick-Pro-Duo-MagicGate-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ10000000001236041?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:LISTINGS:1

Very important. I couldn't find anything cheap and fast on ebay, so I ultimately bought my stick from amazon as it was even cheaper than ebay.
[SIZE="1"]Sony UX380N (dying)
Windows 7 Ultimate RTM Edition
2gb Sandisk Extreme III w/eboostr (ReadyBoost)

Logitech Bluetooth Mouse, Bluetooth Frog Pad, iGo Bluetooth Stowaway Keyboard, Lubix LC1 Bluetooth Stereo Headset, Battery Geek BG14-18-60 60Wh Ext Battery, 22inch Westinghouse LCD, USB2VGA with 15inch, Hardware and software KVM with Desktop[/SIZE]

dhayden

Postby dhayden » Thu Nov 15, 2007 16:09

THEY ARE FAKES....!!!!! Damn....Oh Well...back to the drawing board. I filed 3 seperate disputes on ebay. I payed with paypal, so I hope I am covered by paypal protection. I heard that even Best Buy, Target, and Circuit City have ben duped, but they now have safeguarrds in placefor fraudulant cards. I will definitely check Amazon. Thankks for the advce. I hope by posting here that no one else will get ripped off too.

DO NOT BUY CARDS OFF EBAY.....

Return to “Hardware”