Replacing UX's WWAN (EDGE) module with CF slot

Talk about the hardware components of the micro PC.
kenyapo

Postby kenyapo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 19:16

Hi;
i live in Turkey?
And decide to replace wwan card with cf card. But i couldnt find the spare parts mentioned before. sony spare parts ships only to US and i asked sony local in Turkey but they told me they couldnt help about ux280p because the type of computer wasn't sell in Turkey. Thanks for help.
Regards

smnc

Postby smnc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 21:38

You can get the parts you need on eBay sometimes, or try
http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/Sony,Vaio,VGN-UX380N,Laptop,Miscellaneous.aspx

They seem to have the same parts as Sony and they may be willing to ship to you.

Alternatively, I might be willing to trade you a set of CF slot parts in exchange for your WWAN parts... PM me if you're interested.
Refurbished Laptops & BlackBerries
Tall Trees Technology

UX90S - Stock - Windows XP - en route to RunCore China for testing and a new SSD.

UX380CN - Kingspec 64GB SSD Mod testbed:D

P530CH - Just arrived! - Atom Z520, 60GB, 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate Signature

Toshiba Tecra M9 - Core2Duo T7100, Intel 5350ABGN/WiMax, 160GB SATA, 3GB DDR2 - Windows 7 Professional

Toshiba Portege 3505 - Convertible Pen Tablet, Pentium III-M 1.33Ghz, 60GB, 1GB

Looking for a new pen tablet...

kenyapo

Postby kenyapo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 09:42

Hi;
i appreciate about your help and wish to trade with you. my mail adress is "kenyapo @ yahoo . com"
Regards

masoud

Postby masoud » Wed Jul 28, 2010 22:16

Sull86 wrote:Really good job !!!

I think guides like these really inspire people to do these mods themselves :)

Many thanks but up till now and since the time i bought this Sony UX280p i could not run the wwan or use the gprs? is there any other software that works on this moduel or dose it need a special crack?

technogeekchris

Postby technogeekchris » Wed Jul 28, 2010 23:07

Wow, im really happy this thread is still active since I first did the CF Mod. Im glad I was able to share this to all of you guys. I don't have UX now but im still visiting this site from time to time. Gives me enough reason to get another one again... I just love this device...

cimino

Postby cimino » Thu Jul 29, 2010 01:19

masoud wrote:Many thanks but up till now and since the time i bought this Sony UX280p i could not run the wwan or use the gprs? is there any other software that works on this moduel or dose it need a special crack?

If you are using a carrier other than Cingular, you will need to perform the unlocking procedure first.

Then use Sony Ericsson Wireless Manager to control the connection, and you might need SmartWi to turn the modem on and off. All details can be found by searching these forums.

Return to “Hardware”