Photoshop off what it should look like

Talk about the hardware components of the micro PC.
Vars

Photoshop off what it should look like

Postby Vars » Thu Jul 14, 2011 07:19

[SIZE="4"]This was my original thought
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]I have ordered all the parts and some have arrived already but the most important part is still to arrive from the US and that’s the mounting cradle, we have changed the game controller so as to be able to hold the unit better , here is a Photoshop off what it should look like when finished, we hope
Here is a demo of the real thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxR6_pvo54A

[/SIZE]

Vars

Postby Vars » Sat Jul 16, 2011 03:27

I just made a tempore mounting plate and mounted the UX380N and SONY game controller and tested it out it works fine but, FORGET IT MILES TO HEAVEY and won't be able to hold it long, it would be good for weight training I had to go back to the original controller I was going to use

Benz145

Postby Benz145 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 01:06

Vars, are you the person playing the system in the linked YouTube video?

Very cool project, please keep us updated!
Sony VAIO UX180 | Asus UX31E Ultrabook | iPhone 5S | Google Glass

Virtual Reality Blog
Personal Blog

Editor for:
UltrabookNews.com
Carrypad.com
UMPCPortal.com

Vars

Postby Vars » Tue Jul 19, 2011 08:41

Benz145 wrote:Vars, are you the person playing the system in the linked YouTube video?

Very cool project, please keep us updated!

Sorry no I found this video on YouTube when I decided to do the same thing I found another video which shows how it was mounted, believe me when I say it was a very bad hack job, they destroyed the Sony UX case and the controller but it works have a look you will see it towards the end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNL6T3mwNqI&feature=player_embedded#at=46

Mine is a lot different that it does not modify or hack the Sony UX or controller
I will keep you posted, all the parts have been ordered and just waiting for them to arrive then make some parts and then put it together

Vars

Postby Vars » Thu Jul 21, 2011 08:40

The cradle has turned up to day and it's perfect now I can start designing the Z bracket and put it all together, here is what it will look like when it is put together and that should be next week

Benz145

Postby Benz145 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 16:12

Awesome Vars, you should document the process so others might be able to recreate the mod. Will the controller be removable once it's been attached, so that you can use the UX normally then snap the controller on when you want it?

Virtual Reality Blog

Personal Blog

Editor for:

UltrabookNews.com

Carrypad.com

UMPCPortal.com

Vars

Postby Vars » Thu Jul 21, 2011 17:09

The UX just clips into the cradle it takes about 2 seconds to clip it in or out and when it is finished I will post a how to do

Benz145

Postby Benz145 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 18:35

Sweet, looking forward to it!

Virtual Reality Blog

Personal Blog

Editor for:

UltrabookNews.com

Carrypad.com

UMPCPortal.com

Vars

Postby Vars » Fri Jul 22, 2011 05:39

I have some good news and some very bad news, first I have worked out the final design of the bracket that connect the cradle and the joystick, very simple and now the very bad news my best friend has just had a serious of heart attacks and he is very sick you see I am disabled and rely on him to do the little bit of filing, cutting and drilling for my projects but now I would rather see him get well so I tried to get am engineering work shop to do it for me, they ether won't do it or charge a fortune to make 3 cuts and drill 9 holes $100 +
I Just Cant Sell it
Sorry but I just like it that much
Any questions about this project I would be glad to answer, if you can drill file and cut you can make this project
Thank you all for your help

If anybody who live in BRISBANE Australia that could help me finish my project please contact me I would rather do that then sell my UX380N

Benz145

Postby Benz145 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 20:56

Sorry to hear that Vars. I hope your friend is ok and I hope you are able to complete the project at some point.

Virtual Reality Blog

Personal Blog

Editor for:

UltrabookNews.com

Carrypad.com

UMPCPortal.com

Return to “Hardware”