- Go to C: > Program Files > Sony > VAIO Touch Launcher
- Double Click the "Picture" folder
- To make a new background for a landscape orientation (1024 x 600), go into the "Width" folder
- Pick one of the default images to edit (I choose red because its almost entirely black)
- The easiest way to make a new background, is to right click on one of the three default images, then open it with paint
- Once in paint, make whatever changes you would like to the image, including replacing it with a new image
- When you are finished, simply save your file, I would recommend a .bmp format for high quality (do not rename it, it must keep the default name)
- Launch the Touch Launcher, and click the Wrench in the upper right hand corner
- Find the "Change Background" button, then select the background according to which you edited
- Viola! Your new background should correctly show up when you launch the Touch Launcher
- Simply follow all the steps for the Landscape Background change, however edit the picture in the "Height" folder instead of "Width"
The first few backgrounds I threw together were of one of the most anticipated games coming out - Halo 3, I'm a big Halo fan, so the choice was obvious. Here are a few different ones that I made: (sorry for the wide post, I wanted people to be able to see the pictures in high quality, I think they look great )
Then I decided that it was time to get creative. I thought for a bit about what would be a good theme for a wide and tall picture, then I finally settled on something. I think you'll agree with me that it looks very nice !
And the "Height" picture -
If anyone would like the Waterfall backgrounds, I zipped them, and uploaded them for anyone to use. (I didn't take the pictures, and I'm not taking credit for them). Here is the link to download them - http://www.box.net/shared/1hj92okfxd
Here is what to do to set them as your backgrounds:
- Go to C: > Program Files > Sony > VAIO Touch Launcher > Pictures
- Put the images in either the "Width" or "Height" folders (I specified which file is which in the file name)
- Rename both files to one of the default file names after you placed them in the correct folders
- Make sure your Background Image is set to the same file as the name you chose
- Open your Touch Launcher in Landscape and Portrait modes to test, and everything should be set to go, enjoy your new backgrounds
[align=center]Giant's 4 Page Touch Launcher Hack[align=left]To have 4 different Touch Screen Launchers you need to do the following for each of your 4 Touch Launcher Screens (red,blue,green & black):
- Open Touch Launcher - Go into the settings menu (little wrench icon) and change all nine buttons to launch the programs you want, then choose the background color for that page (this will be page one)
- Copy c:\documents and settings\admin\application data\sony corporation\vaio touch launcher\ApplicationData.dat and paste to the same directory, rename it one.dat (do steps 1 & 2 three more times for two, three and four.dat, these will make up your four pages)
- Put the attached one.bat, two.bat, three.bat, four.bat files into the "c:\documents and settings\admin\application data\sony corporation\vaio touch launcher\" directory
- Make a shortcut on your desktop to each .bat (or use UXBB, search the forums for it)
- Click either one, two, three or four shortcut depending which launcher menu you wish to see and click the Touch Launcher Button OR use one,two,three or four "clicks" of UXBB.
- This hack is a "switch" for the Touch Launcher should you wish to just click a shortcut to get to that menu straight away then edit each .bat by typing in this at the bottom: "c:\Program Files\Sony\Vaio Touch Launcher\VTLauncherMain.exe" (include quotes)
If nervous about running .bat files, then you can save, extract from zip and choose each one and check what is inside.