Optimizing Vaio UX Ultimately

Talk about software for the micro PC.
hazmat

Postby hazmat » Wed Aug 27, 2008 20:08

nutsnbolts wrote:""• Disable the following services running in the background of windows vista, which also consumes resources and battery, and they are not very useful:

Type (services.msc) in the start menu

o Computer Browser
o Distributed Link Tracking Client
o Function Discovery Resource Publication
o Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
o IPsec Policy Agent
o Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service
o Net. TCP Port Sharing Service
o Offline Files
o Ready Boost
o Remote Registry
o Routing and Remote Access
o Secondary Logon
o Security Center
o Server
o SQL Server Active Directory Helper
o SQL Server Browser
o SSDP Discovery
o System Event Notification Service
o TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
o Volume Shadow Copy
o Windows Defender
o Windows Error Reporting Service
o Windows Firewall
o Windows Time

Disable these services by right click on them, then Properties, then change the startup type to be (Disabled)

• If you are worried about the effect of disabling these services, well, I have been turning them off since nearly a month now, and never had any problem. If you are a stand alone user who accesses the internet by wireless or by Ethernet cable, and normally printing, and using Wireless/Bluetooth communications, you will never get any problem. Delightfully, You will gain all the resources consumed by these services. It will save a lot of battery power, memory, and processing power.""

Just a question , do any of these affect the edge modem's functionality? Thanks!!

robert

Disabling the Windows Firewall is not recommended unless you running an alternative security suite. The fact that you haven't had a problem in a month doesn't mean you are not doing some damage.

findX

Postby findX » Wed Aug 27, 2008 20:40

i am newbie in here
but i found a lot information about my 180p

its a great thread

i am doing it now..

[color="DarkRed"]thanks a lot [/color]

but i am "still sad about non working touchcreen" :confused:

Azuhl

Postby Azuhl » Tue Jul 20, 2010 23:48

Thanks so much you guys. I for one genuinely appreciate the altruism and community here. Who would have thought Win7 would run on a stock VGN-UX70? Keep doing what you're doing guys ans thanks again :)

jethsmart

Postby jethsmart » Wed Jul 21, 2010 02:54

yeah this forum is the best with great community!! Without this site, I would have sold my UX long ago. Instead, I ended up buying a 2nd one. I now have 2 UX that tripleboot mac osX, Windows 7 and XP.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!!!

bigs

Postby bigs » Tue Mar 08, 2011 06:34

richardroy wrote:Now I can get all the features of a sacrifice UX. In Ubuntu, it was very fast, but I cameras, and customized hardware button was sacrificed, and finger print sensor to disable functionality.If you are concerned about the impact these services, well, I have them has been turned off since about a month now, and never had a problem.

hey you can just install patches into ubuntu and you can get the front camera going. The finger print reader works too perfectly but requires a bit of tweaking to get it going. I can even program most of the buttons on the ux.

Have been using ubuntu 10.04 for over half a year now, upgrading from XP pro, and will never go back.

Difference is ubuntu will multi task and work comfortably with 512mb ram. Xp struggles with this when pushed to multitask. Now with 1gb ram ubuntu just flies and does virtual xp with ease.
micropc hardware: sony ux17gp with 390N mainboard with Anh u7700 upgrade core2duo 1.33ghz 1024mb (now upgraded to 64gb SLC SSD Samsung), Intel 4965 agn wireless, upgrade addon 3rd mini aerial, UX37GBN blue housing incorporating improved keyboard
OS: Linux Ubuntu 10.04 lucid & now 12.04 Precise Pangolin!
sony 380N stock 1.33ghz, 1gb ram, and 40gb rotational drive OS: windows ultimate
light slim notebook: toshiba r200 1.3ghz 1.2gb ram 64gb photofast v1 ssd oS: linux ubuntu 7.04 feisty fawn

harryfokker

Postby harryfokker » Sat Jul 23, 2011 05:44

Hello Guys, this post help me too much, thanks; cause im using Windows 7 i extract the Origami Pack out the installer and works quite well (if you try to run the installer in W7 it says thats only for Vista mand compatiblity is not avaible as option), the media player aka control center, touch settings and sudoku,. The pack extracted is in this rar file that i make :

http://www.mediafire.com/?nuuiys1b2e720x1

See ya . . .

orlandotek

Postby orlandotek » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:40

Says file has been deleted.

Is it available anywhere else?

harryfokker

Postby harryfokker » Sun Aug 12, 2012 08:44

Hello you can dowload it here : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1021

And extract out the package with : http://legroom.net/software/uniextract/

I hope this will help you
UMPC: Sony Vaio VGN-UX480FN
Hardware: Processor: Intel Core 2 Solo 1.060 Ghz(Overclockled to 1.160Ghz) / SSD: 48GB / Ram Memory: 1GB
Details: CF Slot / Bluetooth / Extended batery / GPS Receiver / Black Housing
OS: 1)Windows 8 Pro / 2)Android X86 4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich
Software Mods: SetFsb(CPU Overclock) / GMABooster(GPU Overclock 400MHZ) / Bios Mod(Fixed Video Ram 251MB)

"Anything is acceptable if it leads to a successful result . . ."

Return to “Software”