Optimizing Vaio UX Ultimately

Talk about software for the micro PC.
Raptor

Postby Raptor » Sat Aug 04, 2007 18:40

Aero is more than just some shiny chrome on Windows. Much like Quartz Extreme and Core Image on OS X, it's actually moving computationally expensive graphics tasks to the dedicated hardware.

As a result, yes, with a decent video card, Aero is faster, at the expense of battery life, since you're now running the CPU and the GPU harder than you would normally expect.

MohamedFawzy

Great Tip for Microsoft Office 2007 users

Postby MohamedFawzy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 13:13

Attention (Microsoft Office 2007 users on UX)

I was working with Microsoft Excel alot recently , as well as Word, PowerPoint, and I found the upper ribbon is annoying , because it takes a large space on the UX small screen, so I found a very good option:

* Right Click on the ribbon area and choose (Minimize the Ribbon)

by this way you will get extra space, with all funtionality (if you want any command, just tap on the ribbon and it will be displayed back, and when you tap again it will minimize. Great for heavy office users!

Regards :)

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 20:06

Here are those Vista reg tweaks I was talking about.CLICK HERE

They give a brief description of what they do, please read them all before applying and if you need to edit just cut out the ones which you don't want. I am not responsible if these mess up your computer ( as I always say BACK UP .. made two they are small :D ) that just about sums it up.

Have fun

SR
Sull Support >
-XP: UX driver & app Pack v2.3 [B]Download
[/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-XP: WWAN driv & app Pack v1.2 [/color][B][color=Red]Download[/color][/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-Se7en: UX driver & application pack [/color]Download
-Guide: model.txt for XP and Vista [color=Red]Download[/color]

MohamedFawzy

Postby MohamedFawzy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 02:30

Dear Sull86

Thanks for the great reg files. Unfortunately, I am not able to download them because megaupload is blocked in my country. Kindly, would you upload them to another site like 4shared.com or 2shared.com , or send them to my email : egypt7@gmail.com. I would appreciate that alot.

I was looking for them since along time actually, I thought to create them by running tweaks through software while monitoring the registry. You have done that already! nice work man :)

Thanks

sev7en

Postby sev7en » Tue Sep 11, 2007 15:25

MohamedFawzy wrote:Dear Sull86

Thanks for the great reg files. Unfortunately, I am not able to download them because megaupload is blocked in my country. Kindly, would you upload them to another site like 4shared.com or 2shared.com , or send them to my email : egypt7@gmail.com. I would appreciate that alot.

I was looking for them since along time actually, I thought to create them by running tweaks through software while monitoring the registry. You have done that already! nice work man :)

Thanks

I uploaded on Rapidshare the sully's reg file. :) You can quickly get it from here.
[color="Red"]Sony VAIO VGN-UX91S - 03.04.07[/color]
[color="Orange"] OS - Windows 7 Build 7000 || iPC OSX Leopard Uni 10.5.6 || Project Fedora 10 [/color]
[color="White"]MacBook Pro 17" C2D 2.33GHz ||
Nokia N93 || HTC TouchHD [/color]
--------
[color="DarkRed"]|||[/color] Full Guide: Sony Vaio UX MacOS X Installation Guide & HowTo
[color="DarkRed"]|||[/color] Repo: Sony Vaio Series,Apple and...Cartoons Wallpapers!
[color="DarkRed"]|||[/color] Repo: "The Essential" For Any Mac User

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 15:55

sev7en wrote:I uploaded on Rapidshare the sully's reg file. :) You can quickly get it from here.

Thank you sev7en I did not realize :)
Sull Support >

-XP: UX driver & app Pack v2.3 [B]Download
[/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-XP: WWAN driv & app Pack v1.2 [/color][B][color=Red]Download[/color][/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-Se7en: UX driver & application pack [/color]Download
-Guide: model.txt for XP and Vista [color=Red]Download[/color]

sev7en

Postby sev7en » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:58

Sull86 wrote:Thank you sev7en I did not realize :)

It's a pleasure! Did you have new optimizations on the road?

[color="Orange"] OS - Windows 7 Build 7000 || iPC OSX Leopard Uni 10.5.6 || Project Fedora 10 [/color]

--------

[color="DarkRed"]|||[/color] Full Guide: Sony Vaio UX MacOS X Installation Guide & HowTo

[color="DarkRed"]|||[/color] Repo: Sony Vaio Series,Apple and...Cartoons Wallpapers!

sev7en

Postby sev7en » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:00

For those want tweak the Windows XP's services, here's a snap of suggested services to enable/disable.
You can get more information about each entry clicking here.

--------

nutsnbolts

Postby nutsnbolts » Fri Oct 26, 2007 22:13

""• Disable the following services running in the background of windows vista, which also consumes resources and battery, and they are not very useful:

Type (services.msc) in the start menu

o Computer Browser
o Distributed Link Tracking Client
o Function Discovery Resource Publication
o Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
o IPsec Policy Agent
o Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service
o Net. TCP Port Sharing Service
o Offline Files
o Ready Boost
o Remote Registry
o Routing and Remote Access
o Secondary Logon
o Security Center
o Server
o SQL Server Active Directory Helper
o SQL Server Browser
o SSDP Discovery
o System Event Notification Service
o TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
o Volume Shadow Copy
o Windows Defender
o Windows Error Reporting Service
o Windows Firewall
o Windows Time

Disable these services by right click on them, then Properties, then change the startup type to be (Disabled)

• If you are worried about the effect of disabling these services, well, I have been turning them off since nearly a month now, and never had any problem. If you are a stand alone user who accesses the internet by wireless or by Ethernet cable, and normally printing, and using Wireless/Bluetooth communications, you will never get any problem. Delightfully, You will gain all the resources consumed by these services. It will save a lot of battery power, memory, and processing power.""

Just a question , do any of these affect the edge modem's functionality? Thanks!!

robert

realdealrep

Postby realdealrep » Wed Aug 27, 2008 19:52

Well I like Jv16 Powertools (macecraft.com) instead. I installed it and ran a scan right away. It found over 2000 fixes for my computer. After fixing these problems my computer is running faster than it has in quite a while.

Return to “Software”