Sull86

Guide: Windows Tablet 2005 in Windows XP

Postby Sull86 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 21:22

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Tablet 2005 in Windows XP
[size=84][color=Red][size=75][Updated: 19/12/08][/SIZE]
------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/color][/SIZE]

Way back in 2007 I found a guide to integrate Windows Tablet 2005 components into Windows XP by using files provided free from Microsoft!!! :D

A month or two ago I revised my installation method and updated the files to SP3, this gets rid of all the bugs in previous service packs and saves time because no Tablet related hotfixes need to be installed.

I have put together an updated package of everything needed to integrate Windows Tablet 2005 SP3 components into your Windows XP SP3 CD!

[SIZE="3"]Quick steps to integrating Tablet :p [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Step 1.[/SIZE] Copy your Windows XP CD to a folder on your computer. How? place your Windows XP CD into your CD/DVD drive, locate your CD/DVD drive and then select all files and folders, copy them to a folder on your computer.

[SIZE="2"]Step 2.[/SIZE] Download "The Package" listed below and copy the folders into your Windows XP CD files you just copied to your computer.

[SIZE="2"]Step 3.[/SIZE] Add the lines below to your "SVCPACK.INF" file, this file is located in the "I386" folder. If this file does not exist and you have no idea what SVCPACK is take a look HERE.

Code: Select all

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
NETFX.CMD
ULTIMATE.BAT

[SIZE="2"]Step 4.[/SIZE] Once the above steps have been completed you can now make a new ISO, this can be easily done by using nLite, free download:)

[SIZE="2"]Step 5.[/SIZE] Best to test your newly created ISO in a virtual machine, for example: VMWare or if feeling adventure you can try it on a real live system :p

[SIZE="2"]Final Notes:[/SIZE]
- This is my personal way of integrating and installing Tablet features, you may follow the original guide or use your own way of installing the components!

- This way of integrating the Tablet components you will not see anything out of the ordinary when installing, all will install silently :)

- After installing and you having problems loging in you may need to change the registry entry located in ULTIMATE.BAT to a "string value"

- You may execute any of the newer .NET Frameworks after "NETFX.CMD" and "ULTIMATE.BAT" in SVCPACK.INF or post Windows XP install

[SIZE="3"]The Package[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Size: 102.9mb[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]MD5: 99564963d80af76c848a0804293a7c52[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Original Guide[/SIZE] ( not written by me )

[SIZE="1"]Size: 883.7kb
MD5: 7fad1ab5e1d989e05681856e6d9447ec[/SIZE]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="Sienna"][SIZE="3"]I have been asked many times "how can I donate" well I have set up a page for that![/SIZE][/color][/font]
Sull Support >
-XP: UX driver & app Pack v2.3 [B]Download
[/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-XP: WWAN driv & app Pack v1.2 [/color][B][color=Red]Download[/color][/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-Se7en: UX driver & application pack [/color]Download
-Guide: model.txt for XP and Vista [color=Red]Download[/color]

enterman

Postby enterman » Sun Aug 19, 2007 21:42

nice work sull, very nice work
Want to know what games work and don't work on your UX? Read my list.
Just do a clean install of Vista and come here for driver assistance? Download my pack: here.

pakijawan

Postby pakijawan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 16:55

hay how to get sp3 pack,can you hint to that too
[SIZE="3"][font="Book Antiqua"]Time is running faster then you are.[/font][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][/SIZE]:cool:

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 17:13

pakijawan wrote:hay how to get sp3 pack,can you hint to that too

Well are you talking about the .Net framework v1 sp3, if so here is a link CLICK

Cheers

I am editing the part in my post about anyone with a nlite version, because it does not quite work correctly. I will be adding more once I am home.
SR
Sull Support >

[/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-XP: WWAN driv & app Pack v1.2 [/color][B][color=Red]Download[/color][/B]

pek93rt

Postby pek93rt » Mon Aug 20, 2007 19:42

im having trouble understanding how to get media center onto my UX? I have media center CD, also for tablet, do i need Tablet PC CD?
[color="Red"]UX280P[/color]

pek93rt

Postby pek93rt » Mon Aug 20, 2007 20:38

If there is “Installed” valued “0” in “MediaCenter” in your Windows XP and you are unable to modify it in current running OS. You must use “load HIVE” function in other OS (Dual Boot) or WinPE
Open Registry Editor and Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. From the File menu, choose Load Hive, Navigate to the registry location on your OS such as C:\Windows\System32\Config\ Select system, name it “temp”. After you modified the value to “1”, click temp, choose “unload HIVE” from File Menu to save it.

I do not understand this??? can someone please help a feeble minded guy?

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 21:05

pek93rt wrote:If there is “Installed” valued “0” in “MediaCenter” in your Windows XP and you are unable to modify it in current running OS. You must use “load HIVE” function in other OS (Dual Boot) or WinPE
Open Registry Editor and Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. From the File menu, choose Load Hive, Navigate to the registry location on your OS such as C:\Windows\System32\Config\ Select system, name it “temp”. After you modified the value to “1”, click temp, choose “unload HIVE” from File Menu to save it.

I do not understand this??? can someone please help a feeble minded guy?

Ok here goes, I know that on my second tablet 2005 CD there are the tablet files and the Media center files, I think it might be the same for media center you will have to check as I don't have it. Just look on the second CD

You only need to do that step if you have Windows XP and it says media center in the Registry with a value of 0 where you are suppose to add a DWORD value, if yours does you will need a different OS to boot into to change your registry as it is locked. first question

1. Are you dual booting 2 OS's right now ?

2. If not, do you have any experince with bart PE ?

I imagine you do not have a dual boot which means you will need bart PE on a USB drive.

Once you boot into bart PE follow the intructions

SR

PS I can give you exact location of media center files if you like

EDIT: I am editing not sure if the above makes sense

says in the guide

You must use “load HIVE” function in other OS (Dual Boot) or WinPE

^
So you will have to boot into Bart PE to do this part.
Sull Support >

[/B]

pek93rt

Postby pek93rt » Mon Aug 20, 2007 21:19

Im not dualbooting 2 OS's on my ux rightnow due to the significant amount of space that comes with the UX......(sacrasm) I also do not have any experience with Bart Pe sadly.
I do have a media center cd, just not a tabletpc Cd, though i was able to download tabletpc.cab off the internet. Is there a link for Bart PE?

thanks for the quick reply btw

P.S. the files in the CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386 are Mediactr.cab Plus.cab Sonic.Cab
how do i get those tabletpc components? Are they in the Tabletpc.cab?

pek93rt

Postby pek93rt » Mon Aug 20, 2007 21:39

what do all these mean? rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection TabletPC 128 tabletpc.inf
... and what is CMD? DOS promt?
I was trying to look for the otherfiles for Mediacenter like freestyle128? and couldnt find it in the cab file. I am lost..

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 23:47

So I am guessing you have that media center value 0 ?? so then yes you will need to download bart PE HERE. Yes you will type those commands into CMD yes that is dos prompt which is located in start, programs, accesories, CMD

dont worry about finding all the commands as long as you have the files it says ie sonic.cab and such you should be fine

if tablet is on your second media center cd it will be located in CMPNENTS\

Hope this helps some, I have to get back to work I will be back later

SR
Sull Support >

[/B]

Return to “Software”