Guide: Windows Tablet 2005 in Windows XP

Talk about software for the micro PC.
willjs

.NET error

Postby willjs » Sat Oct 03, 2009 23:08

Sull,
what was the XP version that you began with prior to integrating Tablet files and then reburning?? I am using XP Pro SP2 VLK. Wanted to integrate SP3 but will not fit on a CD.
I thought perhaps you used a XP RTM disc, integrated SP3, then put Tablet Files.

Also, the .NEt 1.0 will not install due to the same error as other ppl have reported.
thus, my keyboard does not work, only the stylus.

suggestions?

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 09:29

To fit everything I use nLite to cut down the size of Windows. Lots of junk you can rip out!

I began with XP RTM VLK and then inetgrated SP3, but SP2 when I started this way back. Regardless you just need to pull out some crap with nLite. I would also suggest checking out WinCert.net/Forum for an addon which could solve a lot of issues here and it is most likely you can add it as an addon in nLite. I could be wrong, but I think someone did make one. Sorry I am being so vague. it really has been a long time since I messed around with this stuff :)
Sull Support >
-XP: UX driver & app Pack v2.3 [B]Download
[/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-XP: WWAN driv & app Pack v1.2 [/color][B][color=Red]Download[/color][/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-Se7en: UX driver & application pack [/color]Download
-Guide: model.txt for XP and Vista [color=Red]Download[/color]

LordZelo

Postby LordZelo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 08:41

Sorry to bug you guys, this thread is a few months old but I stumbled upon it and it seems to be the only place online with the info I am looking for.

Just wondering if anyone has a sample SVCPACK.INF file I could look at? I'm not sure what the file needs to look like to make sure this works properly. My ISO currently doesn't have the file.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for all the hard work on this little project by the way.

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 15:47

Yes SVCPACK does not exist on a stock Windows XP CD, you will need to create the folder and the file. I would suggest checking out MSFN's unattended guide to get a better understanding of this. Also someone at the WinCert Forums might have made an nLite add on for this or if you just trying to learn about SVCPACK for a different method an addon could be an EASY way.....
Sull Support >

[/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-XP: WWAN driv & app Pack v1.2 [/color][B][color=Red]Download[/color][/B]

froes

Postby froes » Tue Jan 05, 2010 14:42

To avoid reading the whole thread and it's not in there:
Can Windows Tablet PC Edition 2005 be installed on the UX?
Shine On, Frank

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 16:38

Yes it can!, using this guide there is no extra setup that needs to be done. If installing a Genuine Tablet CD then I would suggesting reading the tablet tips, a sticky in the software forum.

With the release of Windows 7 you are much better off with such an OS.. just IMO
Sull Support >

[/B]

Edvatronas

files

Postby Edvatronas » Sun Feb 14, 2010 14:34

Great post Sull86, but where I can find NETFX.CMD
ULTIMATE.BAT files?

mrwaters

Postby mrwaters » Fri May 28, 2010 09:16

I'm a little confused about the SVCPACK.INF
I know this tutorial is made for XPsp3 but I didn't have a XPsp3 CD to play with so I just used a XPsp2 disc and got this tutorial to work for me.

So wanted to go a step further.. I slipstreamed SP3 and the most recent RyanVM hot fixes using nlite. After all that was compiled with nlite I noticed that the SVCPACK.INF file is missing from the i386 directory.

So can I just create a new SVCPACK.INF file in the i386 directory and continue to follow the instructions in this tutorial or is there more to it than that?

Would it be possible to create a sort of "hotfix" package that could be used with nlite?

tabouda

XP Pro tablet!

Postby tabouda » Thu Dec 16, 2010 00:19

Hi,

I have implemented these procedures successfully but need to know how to change the background of the desktop so it would say :XP Tablet Edition" instead of XP pro.

Any idea?

Thanks for all your help.

computercowboy

Postby computercowboy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 05:17

are you looking for the tablet pc wallpaper?

You could use one of the awesome VAIO wallpapers from the late model Z

http://www.micropctalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8853
Z1290X: i7 | FHD | 2x Intel X18 RAID0 320GB | 8GB RAM | Carbon | BIOS Hack | nVidia 280.26/3D Vision | Intel 6230 WiFi/BT 3.0HS | Gobi Unlocked | GTExpress WWAN | ViDock4+ GTX570 | DELL U3011 | Ext Batt | Z-Dock & VAIO USB Dock | VAIO BT Keyboard | Razor Orochi
P11SKX/Bl Signature Black Crocodile
P688E/N: Gold | Gobi Unlocked | Ext Batt | VAIO Gold Mouse
UX490N: Core2Duo Mod | BIOS Hack | Broadcom CrystalHD | SIM Unlocked | Ext Batt

Return to “Software”