Quick Wheel Touch Screen Launcher Beta

Talk about software for the micro PC.
giant

Postby giant » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:00

I can report that on my UX the icons appear proper size (running XP with default normal style).

No red graphics error or any other graphics errors I think.

Hmm.....it takes a long time to sometimes "line up" an icon so you can then click it (maybe I am not co-ordinated enough compared to some younger guns).

Using my touch launcher hack i can start any one of 36 programs with only 2 clicks with no rotating, no lining up an icon and no scrolling at all. This wheel launcher takes 1 click to start it as well prior to the spinning.

If you forget what an icon is there is no text until it is in the "launch" position so you could spin to an icon and then say "damn...wrong icon" (if you do not want many programs in the launcher this would be a non-issue - I like many).

Just thought I would add this as well - I have given up using anything other than Itunes to handle my mp3s. The full screen album view (jet black, pictures of your albums which you can roll across to) on itunes with the huge 3d graphics of each album's cover makes it a pleasure to use. I do not have an Itunes account and all of my CDs were ripped using "exact audio copy". So the idea of needing your audio and video within a launcher (not that this is the case here) is not necessary IMHO.

See below for picture of the "all your albums view" (near bottom of the page):
http://www.askdavetaylor.com/add_album_artwork_to_apple_itunes_library.html

My 2 cents anyway.
Sony UX50 - Japanese OS

Benz145

Postby Benz145 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 16:30

Can I see a screenshot of your Quick Wheel running giant? The box is fairly big, it shouldn't be a problem to rotate the icon into. I'm going to see if we can add a page like system to the wheel so you can have more icons.
Sony VAIO UX180 | Asus UX31E Ultrabook | iPhone 5S | Google Glass

Virtual Reality Blog
Personal Blog

Editor for:
UltrabookNews.com
Carrypad.com
UMPCPortal.com

Robyn

Postby Robyn » Sun Aug 26, 2007 20:11

QuickWheel is a neat app. I did as others suggested and re-mapped the touch launcher button to F2, then added F2 as the call button. I then added the Touch Launcher program to the wheel. Now I have both.

Is is possible to set the position of the wheel? It opens on the left side and is rather inconvenient for me.

Possible bug. When I go to the quicjk wheel to launch the Touch launcher and then hit the portrait/landscape button, and switch to portrait view, the re-mapped bujtton guide shows up as normally, but then when it goes off, leaves black boxes where the dialog used to be.
UX280p running XP
Stowaway Keyboard
Targus wireless mouse and number pad
Sony DVD Drive
22" Wide Screen monitor / 1080p HDTV
HP Laser printer and Lexmark photo printer

Former Rocket Scientist (Apollo and Gemini) :cool:

pyrojester

Postby pyrojester » Sun Aug 26, 2007 20:13

Oh dear... I've played with my icon sizes in windows, so it my explain this. Massive wheel, takes up screen. It may be worth forcing the program to use original size icons.

[SIZE="1"]
GPS Module on the way... Goodbye WWAN
[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]After a Micro PC, PDAs just hurt[/SIZE]

pyrojester

Postby pyrojester » Sun Aug 26, 2007 20:42

[SIZE="1"]
[/SIZE]

NeoTechni

Postby NeoTechni » Sun Aug 26, 2007 21:55

Oi. Looks like I have to add an option to let you just set what resolution it runs at. Something is horribly wrong with what VB is telling the app on Sull's UMPC.

Both the height and width are supposed to be the vertical resolution of your screen - the size of your taskbar.

I'll add that option once I get back from work in a few hours

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 23:09

NeoTechni,

When you do that please post a link to the new download ?

SR

PS. I will upload those reg entries regarding my issue with origami experience, I still have a couple issues but I just got in so I will post later

Thanks
Sull Support >
-XP: UX driver & app Pack v2.3 [B]Download
[/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-XP: WWAN driv & app Pack v1.2 [/color][B][color=Red]Download[/color][/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-Se7en: UX driver & application pack [/color]Download
-Guide: model.txt for XP and Vista [color=Red]Download[/color]

pyrojester

Postby pyrojester » Mon Aug 27, 2007 00:09

Can the devs keep the wiki updated as well? It'd be a better hosting for the app once people start using it outside of this site
[SIZE="1"]
[/SIZE]

giant

Postby giant » Mon Aug 27, 2007 00:58

benz145 wrote:Can I see a screenshot of your Quick Wheel running giant? The box is fairly big, it shouldn't be a problem to rotate the icon into. I'm going to see if we can add a page like system to the wheel so you can have more icons.

My icons are the same size exactly as those in the wiki
http://i14.tinypic.com/61y9ob5.jpg

If I compare 1 click (gets me to 4 programs) and 2 clicks (which is all it takes me to get to 32 programs) it is much faster (using my current launcher setup) than lining them up (for me).

I am not trying to say my setup is better - I just find lining up the icons in the wheel with the launcher area an effort and it takes some time to do versus just 1 or 2 clicks.

I think the wheel has potential to be special.

Benz how is this for an idea? - make the wheel scrolling when clockwise stay as is but use anti-clockwise to 'line up' the closest icon to the right of the launcher area perfectly for you and for it to 'stick there'.
Sony UX50 - Japanese OS

Benz145

Postby Benz145 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 02:29

Giant can we get a screen shot of it running on your UX? The box should be plenty large enough that its easy to rotate an icon quickly inside of it for launch, however its possible that something is making your launch box smaller than it should be.
Sony VAIO UX180 | Asus UX31E Ultrabook | iPhone 5S | Google Glass

Virtual Reality Blog

Personal Blog

Editor for:

UltrabookNews.com

Carrypad.com

UMPCPortal.com

Return to “Software”