NeoTechni

Postby NeoTechni » Mon Aug 27, 2007 06:27

http://rapidshare.com/files/51539983/Launcher.zip.html

-Changed to an original icon
-Added a force/custom resolution feature. Just right click the tray icon

GOF007

Postby GOF007 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:37

I has this error
"Component 'COMCTL32.OCX' or one of it dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

UXtremeBiker

Postby UXtremeBiker » Mon Aug 27, 2007 16:08

Just installed the Quick Wheel app on my UX280 and everything seems to work great...haven't really noticed any bugs or glitches as of yet.

Now for a similar but unrelated thought/ suggestion/ request....

I use my 280P as a mobile/ WiFi phone with the Vonage SoftPhone VOIP service. Instead of using the software/ interface that Vonage provides, I've installed and configured X-Lite 3.0 from CounterPath. The Vaio UX with these features installed works great as a phone, and saves quite a bit of $$$ in monthy calling costs.

One minor issue however:
The SoftPhone interface looks just like "traditional" handheld phone, but on the UX screen it is displayed quite small...Too small to dial the numbers on the virtual keypad with a fingertip.

Is there any way we could put a request out there to some of the programming geniuses to come up with a keypad/ dialpad interface that has larger buttons that can be easily "depressed" with a fingetip?(ala iPhone?... and/or preferrably one that utilizes the entire UX screen if possible)

Here's a pic of my 280P with the current version of the X-Lite SoftPhone running.

pyrojester

Postby pyrojester » Mon Aug 27, 2007 17:41

NeoTechni wrote:http://rapidshare.com/files/51539983/Launcher.zip.html

-Changed to an original icon
-Added a force/custom resolution feature. Just right click the tray icon

Tried your version, resolution goes to a minimum of 800, and has a strange picture as a background (original icon?). Have replaced the picture to the one from original beta, and changed the size settings manually and now everything works great.

Can I suggest getting the app to be able to be placed to the left or right of the screen?
[SIZE="1"]
GPS Module on the way... Goodbye WWAN
[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]After a Micro PC, PDAs just hurt[/SIZE]

Benz145

Postby Benz145 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 23:06

pyrojester wrote:Tried your version, resolution goes to a minimum of 800, and has a strange picture as a background (original icon?). Have replaced the picture to the one from original beta, and changed the size settings manually and now everything works great.

Can I suggest getting the app to be able to be placed to the left or right of the screen?

Neo gave you a version that is still using the old placeholder graphic that I made lol, that was before Rorschach made us the awesome one we have now. By Original Icon she meant the icon of the application, the older version was borrowing Mobile Home's icon. I'll put the new background graphic in the file that Neo uploaded and update the main post with it, as well as a new version number.
Sony VAIO UX180 | Asus UX31E Ultrabook | iPhone 5S | Google Glass

Virtual Reality Blog
Personal Blog

Editor for:
UltrabookNews.com
Carrypad.com
UMPCPortal.com

giant

Postby giant » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:01

benz145 wrote:Giant can we get a screen shot of it running on your UX? The box should be plenty large enough that its easy to rotate an icon quickly inside of it for launch, however its possible that something is making your launch box smaller than it should be.

Here it is Benz....running latest version but still I find it takes a while to "scroll" to the icon I want.
Attachments
wheel.jpg
Sony UX50 - Japanese OS

Benz145

Postby Benz145 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:50

giant wrote:Here it is Benz....running latest version but still I find it takes a while to "scroll" to the icon I want.

Yes as I thought your launch box is much smaller than expected. What seems to have happened is that my settings file was overwriting Neo's changes so I didn't see when she changed to a smaller box. We'll put the size back up which will make it much easier to put the item that you want into the box. Also I'm brainstorming options to be able to add more programs to the wheel so you can launch more programs.

Also that version is using the old placeholder graphic lol, I'll send Neo the new one so she can include them in future updates, I've already updated the readme and added the correct BG file to the download in the main post, version 1.1.
Sony VAIO UX180 | Asus UX31E Ultrabook | iPhone 5S | Google Glass

Virtual Reality Blog

Personal Blog

Editor for:

UltrabookNews.com

Carrypad.com

UMPCPortal.com

pyrojester

Postby pyrojester » Tue Aug 28, 2007 13:37

I though that that might be the case with the graphics. Try the resolution feature, it seems to have a minimum of 800
[SIZE="1"]
GPS Module on the way... Goodbye WWAN
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]After a Micro PC, PDAs just hurt[/SIZE]

Robyn

Postby Robyn » Tue Aug 28, 2007 15:26

Benz,

I set the touch launcher button to bring up the wheel, but for some reason, when I press the button on many occasions, the wheel pops up and immediately disappears. I may have to press the touch launcher buttons as many as three times before the wheel "sticks". Suggestions?
UX280p running XP
Stowaway Keyboard
Targus wireless mouse and number pad
Sony DVD Drive
22" Wide Screen monitor / 1080p HDTV
HP Laser printer and Lexmark photo printer

Former Rocket Scientist (Apollo and Gemini) :cool:

Return to “Software”