Install Vista from recovery partition without the bloat

Talk about software for the micro PC.
afkguy

Postby afkguy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 03:23

I'm just wondering, is there a way to "look" into the hidden recovery partition and delete the second part of the install from the partition?

zaku

Postby zaku » Sat Feb 23, 2008 01:51

is this possible with win xp?

humanfly

Postby humanfly » Sun Feb 24, 2008 03:31

is this possible with win xp?

>>> YUP! <<<<

You can use:

Partition Manager

Meetsoft Partition Recovery 2.0

or

PTDD Partition Table Doctor 3.5

They all work great:)

sabesh

Postby sabesh » Wed Feb 27, 2008 18:52

anh wrote:if you have recovery partition hidden in your 380, following the procedure above may be a little bit difficult to do if you decided to keep recovery partition. But if you want create Recovery DVDs and wipe out it, the procedure will be much easier as I did with my 390.
First, create your recovery DVDs for backing up purpose. Then boot your 380 with recovery DVD, select restore complete system with option just 1 partition for Microsoft OS. This will not create recovery partition. Then follow the instruction to the rest of process of 2 DVDs copied. After some next steps, it will prompt you insert DVD1. At this point, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and click Task Manager. Find Launcher.exe and kill it. From now, it wont install any bloat and do the same other process to the rest. With this, you have full driver and function installed. If you need some more program, go to Recover program or driver to install it.
Hope this help.

This worked like a charm. Thx!

apeguero

Postby apeguero » Thu Feb 28, 2008 04:24

When I select the size of the partition it only allows it to be 36gig with 2gig hidden. Can I then later resize my partition to use up the full 38? Or is the 2 gig hidden partition required?

alnajmi

Postby alnajmi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 16:58

I did as rkellerz suggested then I downloaded fingerprint from Sony's website and it installed without problems.

d33

Postby d33 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 22:36

Hi,
Ive successfully restored my UX390N without the bloat but when im trying to access the
vaio recovery center nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue? By the way i installed vista through the recovery not DVD. Would appriciate any help thanks.

kjw415

Problem Reinstalling without bloatware

Postby kjw415 » Sat May 17, 2008 03:03

anh wrote:if you have recovery partition hidden in your 380, following the procedure above may be a little bit difficult to do if you decided to keep recovery partition. But if you want create Recovery DVDs and wipe out it, the procedure will be much easier as I did with my 390.
First, create your recovery DVDs for backing up purpose. Then boot your 380 with recovery DVD, select restore complete system with option just 1 partition for Microsoft OS. This will not create recovery partition. Then follow the instruction to the rest of process of 2 DVDs copied. After some next steps, it will prompt you insert DVD1. At this point, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and click Task Manager. Find Launcher.exe and kill it. From now, it wont install any bloat and do the same other process to the rest. With this, you have full driver and function installed. If you need some more program, go to Recover program or driver to install it.
Hope this help.

anh (or anyone else that can help),
I tried following your directions, but the bloatware reinstalled. I never got a request to reinsert DVD 1 after the 2 DVDs ran. Was I suppose to select NO on the menu that asked about "value-added" software in the recovery partition? It was just prior to the screen asking about partitions. That is the only thing I remember that was not covered specifically in your instructions. By the way, the resulting HD was C: 31GB, Recovery: 7 GB. Thanks!

golden

Postby golden » Thu Apr 02, 2009 01:47

Hey guys, I am about to do the instructions on the first post and wanted to know if I understood everything right. So after this, I should have a fully working UX with all the bloatware not on it? The only exception is that the fingerprint scanner and the bluetooth module will not be functioning until I DL them from Sony's website correct? Is there anything else that will not be functioning that I haven't understood so far like the Vaio Recovery Center like this guy is saying:
all help is appreciated, I want to know if this method stops the recovery center from working or not.
d33 wrote:Hi,
Ive successfully restored my UX390N without the bloat but when im trying to access the
vaio recovery center nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue? By the way i installed vista through the recovery not DVD. Would appriciate any help thanks.

souledouttildoomsday

Postby souledouttildoomsday » Tue Apr 07, 2009 02:50

When I did a system recovery to try and get rid of all sony bloatware on my new uX380N, after it was completed it Still installed the bloaware, and the UX ran the same, which ran at the same basic slow speed. I decided to install Vista Ultimate on it via my Vista Ultimate disk. And not only did it get rid of all the bloatware, t also made my UX380N quite a bit faster than it was running. It also gave me a Windows Experience Base score of 2.6, making that score higher than the original 2.0 that had been showing. But still, I did not get the extra 10gb back that is hidden somewhere. It is supposed to be a 40gb hdd in my UX380N, with 10gb saved for the system recovery partition. But I thought that by doing a fresh new install of the os via a disk, and reformatting the hard drive, it would have given me back that mssing 10gb of space. But it didn't. I am looking into it, and I might have to redo it at some point to find the 10gb. space. Just thought I would add my thoughts. Thanks

Return to “Software”