Usefull Programs

Talk about software for the micro PC.
jeffgrado

Postby jeffgrado » Fri Jun 22, 2007 21:31

Don, Evernote Ritepen

DonDi360

Postby DonDi360 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 00:32

wow thanks for the tip soft ware looks cool :)
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"]-+=[color="SeaGreen"]UX280P w/ Novatel U720 EVDO UsB MOdEM[/color]=+- :eek:
-+=[font="Tahoma"][color="SeaGreen"]Garmin Mobile 10[/color] [color="Blue"]BlueTooth[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]GPS[/color][/font]=+- :cool:
-+=[color="SeaGreen"]Musteck[/color] [color="Blue"]BlueTooth[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Head Phones[/color]=+-:rolleyes:[/SIZE][/font][/SIZE][/SIZE]

xoxUXox

Postby xoxUXox » Thu Jun 28, 2007 15:46

Virtual CD 9 now has virtual DVD burning support in Vista, the only program I know of that currently has this capability. I used it to make my recovery DVDs from the VAIO Recovery program, then transfered and burned them using my desktop. This method appeared to be a success, but the recovery process failed with a copy error halfway through. I was using an "unsupported" USB DVD-ROM drive, though, so that may have been the culprit.

(side note: Does anyone want these DVDs? I am curious to know if they work for someone else)

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 18:15

I have just recently installed ritepen, I really like the program and am considering purchasing it :) :)
Sull Support >
-XP: UX driver & app Pack v2.3 [B]Download
[/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-XP: WWAN driv & app Pack v1.2 [/color][B][color=Red]Download[/color][/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-Se7en: UX driver & application pack [/color]Download
-Guide: model.txt for XP and Vista [color=Red]Download[/color]

Davey

Postby Davey » Thu Jun 28, 2007 18:41

bdhu2001 wrote:I have a call into Sony support about their Ultra Sync. On the overview under, Ingenious Design, Sony states: "And pre-installed Ultra Sync software makes it easy to synchronize the UX Micro PC with your other computers, so you can hit the road with all of your materials up to date. "

I couldn't find the Ultra Sync software and neither could any of their techs, via chat or phone. After sending up to second level techs, they said they'd have an engineer call me back. The manual is useless. After printing it off and pasting a pdf version to my desktop for easy access and search, I couldn't even find a mention of the program in it.

Anyway, Ultra Sync is what made me decide to take the plunge. Hopefully it really exists (Ha, Ha).

i got it on my new(refurb) ux 280p

marovada

Postby marovada » Fri Jun 29, 2007 02:39

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but Sizer is fantastic for being able to customizing the size of windows. For example, in Civ IV in windowed mode you can resize the window the window to exactly the UX screen resolution.
Marovada
IBM PC 110 x 3, UX x 2, U750, U1, U101, HP 100lx, HP 200lx x 2, Kohjinsha SA1, Asus eee 701, Fujitsu T2010, Acer Tablet, Raon Everun, OQO x 2, Sigmarion III, Pandora on preorder, Zaurus C1000, Jornada 720, Flipstart, Macbook Pro, HTC Advantage, HP x4700, Dell Axim X5, Psion 3a, Psion 5mx x 2, PSP x 3, Nintendo DS, Ipod touch, stack of '80s calculator pcs
http://freescifistories.wordpress.com/

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 02:58

marovada wrote:Not sure if this has already been mentioned but Sizer is fantastic for being able to customizing the size of windows. For example, in Civ IV in windowed mode you can resize the window the window to exactly the UX screen resolution.

This is a great program just DL'ed ;)

@NBC you should add some of these programs to the list

Sizer- Freeware

UMPCscrollbar- Freeware

Ritepen - shareware 30day trial

EDIT : acidus posted a link for Clickey in another thread which seems to be dead, so I uploaded it to rapidshare

ClicKey - freeware works great if you like the sound of your keyboard clicking
Sull Support >

[/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-XP: WWAN driv & app Pack v1.2 [/color][B][color=Red]Download[/color][/B]

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 03:05

Davey wrote:i got it on my new(refurb) ux 280p

Davey.. could you please upload the folder of this program Ultrasync, hopefully it will work :) I would like to give it a try

Thanks a bunch
Sull Support >

[/B]

friedbbq

Postby friedbbq » Thu Jul 05, 2007 17:49

anyone have recommendations of a zoom software where you can scrolll a webpage while zoomed in?

2old4tech

Postby 2old4tech » Fri Jul 13, 2007 19:43

friedbbq wrote:anyone have recommendations of a zoom software where you can scrolll a webpage while zoomed in?

No, but I picked up a Microsoft brand wireless usb mouse that has a little Zoom button on the side. Works great. About $20 at Staples after $5 mail in rebate.

Return to “Software”