The embedded Sony Ericsson EDGE Module can be unlocked so that it will accept and use another SIM card, for instance one from another cellular carrier. Once the embedded Sony Ericsson EDGE Module is unlocked, the Sony-provided Cingular® SIM card can be removed and a different SIM card inserted. Use the following procedure to ensure the computer is properly configured to perform the SIM unlock procedure and to obtain the IMEI number needed to find the SIM unlock code.
Windows XP -
- Ensure the Sony Ericsson EDGE Module is installed properly.
- On the front edge of the notebook, move the Wireless LAN switch to the ON position.
- Ensure the SmartWi utility is configured for WWAN.
- Start the Cingular® Connection Manager software.
- In the Cingular® Connection Manager software, find and record the Sony Ericsson EDGE Module IMEI number.
Sony Recommended free Hyper Terminal program for Vista - http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe/download.html
Please see the Vista EDGE Unlock Discussion found here: