whats the best wireless/bluetooth keyboard???

Talk about add-ons and accessories to the micro PC.
fastforded

whats the best wireless/bluetooth keyboard???

Postby fastforded » Sat Nov 01, 2008 01:40

wondered if anyone has a favorite/recommended wireless/bluetooth keyboard? i was looking at;

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3848&cl=US,EN

any thoughts/suggestions appreciated, thanks, pj

Yeggster

Postby Yeggster » Sat Nov 01, 2008 02:58

In my opinion the very best is the iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard.

I wish I had of bought two or three when they were on sale for $25! :(

They are no longer made but still appear brand new on ebay and amazon current prices are $149, $109, and $79 on ebay and $99 amazon

thegurio

Postby thegurio » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:54

Like Yeggster, the Igo is the best one ive come across.. Great battery life and small and compact and cheap to boot.
Really - who wants to be caught up in this caper they call work...

Sony Vaio UX-17GP (with cracked screen and about to be replaced - who knows with what though)
Windows XP
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.

And now a 46" Bravia X-Series!

iPhone 3G
Blackberry Bold
Asus M51

Addicted to technology? Not me!

AYT

i dont llike the igo stowaway

Postby AYT » Tue Dec 02, 2008 13:43

i have the igo stowaway...i think it wobbles too much when typing (if you keep the comp. and the stand it comes with it doesnt happen)
also, it doesn't have its own numbers line, you first have to hold the function key..annoying for pressing a couple of numbers at a time. also the numbers lock doesnt work on my ux
i'm also looking for a diff. one..any other suggestions? anyone know about the other igo with the numbers line..recommended for OQO?

uxjunkie

Postby uxjunkie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 15:48

i have the stowaway too and the lack of a number line is annoying. the sony foldable keyboard seems nice, but it is usb, not wireless. i'd never seen that logitech keyboard before. seems ok since it has a built in trackpad but i dont like the clamshell design.

i guess there isnt a perfect keyboard yet.

Yeggster

Postby Yeggster » Tue Dec 02, 2008 15:51

I out two supports one under each side of the key board to stop it from moving.

And yes the number function is anoying ... the iGo still the best foldable wirelsss I feel.

Sometimes I just lug a full sized usb keyboard too ... I also have mid size usb keyboard that work OK ... but the iGo is my favorite

computercowboy

Postby computercowboy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 03:31

I don't like the iGo keyboard. I tried to use it once and I didn't like it. It just sits around doing nothing now. I would gladly sell it for $25 + shipping to anyone.

I have heard good things about the Apple Keyboard. I am very happy with my Sony USB folding keyboard right now. I don't use it for portability... it is actually the main keyboard on my desk. Love the laptop style keys. I switched to it from the Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro.
Z1290X: i7 | FHD | 2x Intel X18 RAID0 320GB | 8GB RAM | Carbon | BIOS Hack | nVidia 280.26/3D Vision | Intel 6230 WiFi/BT 3.0HS | Gobi Unlocked | GTExpress WWAN | ViDock4+ GTX570 | DELL U3011 | Ext Batt | Z-Dock & VAIO USB Dock | VAIO BT Keyboard | Razor Orochi
P11SKX/Bl Signature Black Crocodile
P688E/N: Gold | Gobi Unlocked | Ext Batt | VAIO Gold Mouse
UX490N: Core2Duo Mod | BIOS Hack | Broadcom CrystalHD | SIM Unlocked | Ext Batt

mmmkay

Postby mmmkay » Thu Dec 04, 2008 23:31

I am using the Apple Wireless Keyboard with my UX380CN.

It's very good, works well, and apparently with some hacking you can even get the Fn and Eject keys to do stuff.
Attachments
SonyUX380.jpg

computercowboy

Postby computercowboy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 04:10

The apple keyboard looks quite nice. The secritary at my step-son's middle school has one and I look at it every time I walk by the office. I am quite happy with my VAIO U folding keyboard at the moment. I got very used to the small keyboard on the T360P and the feel of this one is almost the same. I kind of like the fact that it is wired also. To me a wireless mouse make much more sense than a wireless keyboard.

angelinalove

Postby angelinalove » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:40

what are you thinking about apple wireless keyboard.

Return to “Accessories”