PCMCIA card reader for MS pro duo HG?

Talk about add-ons and accessories to the micro PC.
fem

Postby fem » Sat Nov 20, 2010 03:08

On the other hand, one can get a PCMCIA SSD 16GB from Western Digital (I think only they ever made something like that) for the fantastic deal of $450!!! And it's fantastic because the retail price on this was $1060!!! :D Can you believe?!

Or maybe stick with the Lindy card reader and SDHCs… (which fit flush anyway :))
Screw iPhone and Blackberry!
Sent from my Sony Vaio UX :p

Vaio UX280P (stock; super mint - for sale)
Vaio UX490N (stock; super mint - for fun)
Thinkpad X201 (for work)
Asus R2H (stock w/ 2GB RAM; super mint - for sale)
Vaio X505ZP (Anh-treated: Pentium M ULV 773@1.3Ghz & Mach Xtreme Technology 30GB SSD; mint enough - for ever)

fem

Postby fem » Sat Nov 20, 2010 03:20

I also wonder whether the Mercedes 32GB PCMCIA SSD - if there is such a thing for real (it seems to me more like a 3rd party fantasy product to tell you the truth :rolleyes: ) - would work in a laptop...? Just $200-250!

The only reason I would ever consider getting something like that would be a dual SSD config (RAID-0 of course!) in the X505 :eek: - I guess this will need much rewiring... :confused:

Thinkpad X201 (for work)

Vaio X505ZP (Anh-treated: Pentium M ULV 773@1.3Ghz & Mach Xtreme Technology 30GB SSD; mint enough - for ever)

fem

Postby fem » Wed Nov 24, 2010 16:15

So, I sent the Lindy card to cimino and he'll try to mod it in order to fit 2 push/push (lock/eject) slots for SD and MSDuo (side-by-side, for flush insertion with the case with either card)... :eek: I will let you know how it goes... (probably he will, first!)

Thinkpad X201 (for work)

nitrorcx

Postby nitrorcx » Tue May 10, 2011 11:51

Nice Info for me. It is great info for every body. The pcmcia slot of the X505 , and the sdhc card inserts completely. However, the MS Pro Duo requires an adaptor, and thereby protrudes by ~1.5cm. The Sony USB SD/MS card reader also works with the above cards, and don't require an adaptor for MS Duo.

Return to “Accessories”